Vintage Photo from Halloween 1941

Here’s an interesting old photo of kids celebrating Halloween in 1941. You can click on the image to view larger size.

Honestly? I think their costumes look pretty similar to the costumes of today, except these days we’d see less clowns and more superhero costumes. Though I think I see Zorro in the middle of the group, which is pretty cool.

[Life via tywkiwdbi]

This entry was posted in halloween, retrofit. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Vintage Photo from Halloween 1941

1. Ben says:

“except these days we’d see less clowns and more superhero costumes…”

Only one man’s opinion.

Hi Ben! So what’s your opinion? There are real statistics available, and clowns don’t make the list. Look at how many clowns are in this photo, though.

3. Ben says:

I do not believe in trends. I like what I like. Nobody can influence me.

BTW I only count 3 clowns. No more.

No one’s trying to influene what you like, Ben. But you don’t believe in trends? What does that even mean? Have you ever noticed how fashion and style, and what’s “popular” change over the years?

5. Ben says:

Yeah I notice style changes over the years. I just don’t want others to dictate what I should be into. It seems that everyone else goes along with it without questioning.

6. Ben = Pretentious hipster.
    Manny was simply making an observation that clowns are no longer popular as Halloween costumes, instead superheroes have taken their place.
    He was not saying you must now hate clowns and only dress up as a superhero.

What a loser.

7. Ben says:

This has been a huge misunderstanding. I want it to end now and move on.

The way it was worded suggested that…well, clowns are bad. And Manny’s past posts saying that clowns are creepy and scary enforced that suggestion.
    It can be real easy for others to misinterpret what is being written or typed as opposed to actually spoken by mouth.

And Courtney Coombs, don’t call me a pretentious hipster and a loser! Was that really necessary? Take them back.

8. Hell no, I aint taking back what I said about someone who can’t even read properly!