This is seriously the coolest idea I’ve ever heard! The folks over at Star Wars Uncut are organizing a huge fan film project in order to recreate the entire original Star Wars movie!
From their home page:
You and 472 other people have the chance to recreate Star Wars: A New Hope. Below is the entire movie split up into 15 second clips. Click on one of the scenes to claim it, film it, and upload it. You can have up to three scenes! When we’re all done, we’ll stitch it all together and watch the magic happen.
Currently this project is 49% complete. This is so amazing. Completed scenes are available for viewing on their Activities page. I love it, this is great stuff.
Here are a few of the rules:
• You may only upload videos you have created yourself. Be creative! Please, no sexually explicit videos.
• Music is not allowed.
• Please try to avoid using the original Star Wars audio. Part of the fun is making the audio yourself, too!
• After accepting your scene, you only have 30 days to complete it.
• When recording your video, please do it in a 4:3 format (not widescreen). Not everyone has HD cameras!
• Each scene is 15 seconds, so let’s try to keep it exact. Going over or under a few seconds is fine.
• Make sure the beginning and end of your scene matches up closely to the original. This will help make the final piece come out smoothly.
• Have fun!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your Star Wars costume and claim your scene to be a part of Fandom history.
[via Star Wars Uncut]