Top 12 (plus one) Sexiest Male Sci-Fi and Fantasy Costumes

steve-basic-in-sg.jpg

I have my reasons for liking Sci-Fi…and none of them have to do with the dangerously appealing male characters in other-worldly costumes. Yeah, okay, that was a lie. The truth is, I fantasize about men in sexy Sci-Fi costumes.

So, I was hardly opposed to taking a peek at Convention Fans’ Top 20 Sexy Male Sci-Fi Costumes when it was presented to me by a friend. While I agreed with some of the elected winners, others left me perplexed and unimpressed.

That’s when I decided to make my own list. It is my opinion that this list should be expanded to include Sexiest Male Fantasy (including the paranormal genre) costumes as well. While technically Fantasy is NOT Sci-Fi, and visa versa, there is a great deal of overlap between the two genres which both fall under the umbrella of speculative fiction (so there). Besides, it’s my list so you don’t really have a say in the matter…but I highly doubt you’ll be disappointed!

Anyway, here’s what I came up with…

Medieval Majesty

aragorn2.jpgaragorn-in-armor.jpg

Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy – The chivalrous medieval-style warrior, whether peasant-like or knightly, will ever attract the romantically-minded female.

Lusty Leather

jason-mamoa.jpg

Jason Mamoa as Ronan Dex in Stargate Atlantis – # 7 on the CF Top Twenty List. Nothing says “All Male” like distressed, form-fitting leather.

andromeda2.jpg

Keith Hamilton Cobb as Tyr Anasazi in Andromeda – The long dreads and fitted leather vest strategically cut to highlight one firm pec really made Andromeda worth watching (no, I didn’t watch it for Kevin Sorbo).

Eclectic

torchwood-james-marsters.jpg

James Marsters as Captain John Hart in Torchwood – The blending of historical, weathered and modern costume elements creates a Steampunk-feel that’s bad-boy appealing. (# 20 of the CF Top 20 list).

duncan.jpg

Adrian Paul wore many costumes in his role as an immortal, from kilts to aviator gear to tuxedos…and he wore them all well. But if I had to choose, the traditional Scottish plaids would be have to be my fave.

Attired for Adventure

the-mummy-bf.jpg

Brendan Fraser as Rick O’ Connell in The Mummy – Reminiscent of the tough adventurer persona in Harrison Ford’s Indiana Jones character. It has a rugged quality that says “I’m man enough to protect you, battle supernatural forces AND find you a nice little treasure!”

Military Masculinity

michael-beihn-in-aliens.jpg

Michael Beihn as Dwayne Hicks in Aliens: Military togs give off that strong, fit and disciplined vibe that compels women to croon, “I love a man in a uniform.”

Tantalizing Tanks

wolverine.jpg

Hugh Jackman as James Howlett (aka Logan) in X-men Origins: Wolverine – What girl wouldn’t smack her lips in the presence of the feral Wolverine looking alarmingly virile in muscle tank, dog tags and denim…GRRR! (#3 on CF top 20 in his X-men suit)…simple but savory.

steve-bacic-andromeda.bmp

Steve Bacic as Telemachus Rhade in Andromeda – His snug sleeveless T-shirt and long fingerless, leather gloves compliment his muscular arms perfectly (by the way, this guy also looks great in SG-1 in a Gladiator-like costume…that’s him at the very top of post).

Vampire Vestment

mick-st-john-moonlight-vampire.jpg

Alex O’loughlin in Moonlight – Thank heaven’s vampires no longer wear the goofy high-collared black cape and tuxedo-like suit. This long black duster over a tasteful button down Henley and snug jeans is more likely to seduce a woman into letting the undead bite her…right, ladies?

Werewolf Wardrobe

Jason Behr as Varek in Skinwalkers – Biker denims accessorized with leather holsters, arm cuffs and a cool tattoo (Oh, and great facial hair) hint at the beast within.

rise-of-lycans.jpg

Michael Sheen as Lucian in Rise of the Lycans – Knowing that a primal creature lurks under all that structured warrior-y leather goodness could drive a gal wild.

“Dressed” to kill Dragons

christian-bale-rof.jpg

Christian Bale as Quinn Abercromby in Reign of Fire – If one is going to slay the dragon and save his people (including his damsel in distress) he needs to demonstrate that he has the strength necessary to get the job done. I’d say this less-is-more “costume” rather proves that Quinn is up to the task. The minuscule proportion of the teeny-tiny neck scarf augments the broad expanse of his ripped chest (I think I’ll buy my husband one of those scarfs).

This entry was posted in celebrities, discussion, fashion, lists, movies, tv. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Top 12 (plus one) Sexiest Male Sci-Fi and Fantasy Costumes

1. lanouette says:

Thanks for including Alex O’Loughlin in your list. Alex should be #1 for me 🙂 He is the most beautiful and gorgeous actor ever 🙂

2. RedNightBird says:

Got to say I agree heartily…..you have my two faves….Alex O/Mick St John and Brendan Fraser……Either way you dress them or undress them they are the excitement I seek!

3. Tessa says:

Thanks for including my favourite, Adrian Paul. No one wears period costume like he does, or anything else for that matter!

4. Silverchex says:

Love Alex O’Loughlin as Mick St. John! And yes, the jeans and long duster coat definitely make him more appealing!

5. Madnad says:

Nice list – shame the facts were not checked thoroughly before publishing. I think you will find the character name of Michael Sheen in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans was actually Lucian.

6. Seana D says:

Glad to see Alex on list really should be higher up but to see him on list well im delighted

7. alavenia says:

I am delighted to see Alex O’Loughlin(Mick St. John) on the list, for me he should be #1!
    Thank you!

8. ebbie says:

So glad to see Alex O’Loughlin made the list, those tight jeans are a real turn on. He should really be No. 1.

9. FunkyLady says:

Sorry folks, I made a boo boo! As, Madnad’s post point’s out, Michael Sheen does indeed play Lucian in Rise of the Licans…my bad!

Thanks for all the comments!

10. aolver says:

Alex O’Loughlin IS no. 1. Is there any man on this earth more beautiful? Moonlight’s 16 little episodes will live on in my heart forever, although Alex’s Stan is looking pretty yummy these days. WHEEEEEWWWW!!!!! Is it hot in here? By the way, congrats Willing Freshie.

11. Moonlightaddicted says:

Thanks for including in the list Alex O’Loughlin, because for me it is the number 1, without any doubt. The personage of Mick St. John will always be in my heart. Alex is a fantastic actor and sexiest man.

12. SoN2Alex(Deana) says:

Alex O’Loughlin is the sexiest man alive so of course anything he wears is going to be sexy…

13. emilyA says:

You have my two favorites, Alex O’Loughlin and Adrian Paul. Of course, I think they should be #1 and #2.

14. wubbywwubbyMelinda says:

THANK GOD Mick St John is on this list !!!! There is NO other than Alex O’Loughlin.
    HE should be #1 Moonlight Vamps are HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Nice list! Love the James Marsters one.

16. Lala says:

Missing from this lovely list is wayward astronaut John Critchton. Peacekeeper leather pants and that jacket of his are gorgeous. God, everything on Farscape was gorgeous, especially the clothes.

17. FunkyLady says:

Yes, believe me when I say it was very hard not to include John Critchton on this list…it’s so hard to be selective when there’s so much Sci-Fi / Fantasy yummyness to choose from!

18. WERE/VAMP FAN 50+ says:

All a good choice but for an approaching pensioner Alex O’Loughlin is worth watching
    over and over again. Oh to be 20ish again.

19. FunkyLady says:

Indeed!

20. Celticwarrior1997 says:

The lusty leatherbwas a partial reference to ROAR, right? Cuz if not I owe my friend five bucks.

21. hezz says:

Im in love with michael biehn and his roles in terminator and aliens! Hes beautiful. And aragorn! Love em!