Live Action Avatar: Aang Costume

Aang Costume

Aang Costume

Here’s a first look at Aang from the upcoming live action Avatar: The Last Airbender movie. Looks like they’ve done a good job staying true to the animated series.

In the series, Aang is the last of his kind, a race of Airbenders who can manipulate the air around him. With the help of his friends, he must save the world by defeating the Fire Lord and end the war with the Fire Nation.

Avatar blends Asian and Western cultures, and is a unique combination of Eastern anime and American cartoons. Let’s hope the live action movie does it justice! M. Night Shyamalan is writing, directing and producing the movie, scheduled for release in July, 2010.

[via i09.com]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Live Action Avatar: Aang Costume

1. name says:

You serious?
    “Looks like they’ve done a good job staying true to the animated series.”
    Really??

No. I don’t think so. First off, they got all the characters WRONG. They should have had the Indians playing the Water Tribe instead of Fire Nation, considering they’re skin matches the part better.Dev Patel’s Zuko has BOTH eyebrows (NO) and a nonexistent scar, a fur coat, and a bad haircut. He isn’t even supposed to have hair!
    Aang’s outfit makes me want to barf. It looks like a Halloween costume you can buy at a local store. This is NOT during modern times. His outfit should like more like it was handmade and less like from a mass production factory. And Noah himself looks scary.
    Katara and Sokka don’t look anything like the Eskimo-like characters that they are playing, what with their pale white skin.

Hey I appreciate your comment, you seem to know a lot about this – but my post was based on a single photo of Aang, which I think looks a lot like the animated drawing I posted below the photo.

All the stuff you’re saying about Zuko, Katara, Sooka, Water Tribe, Fire Nation and Noah have no bearing on my comment about a single photo of Aang.

You managed to make me a bit less enthused for the movie, though. I hope they get it right.

3. iza says:

WTF ? and this kid will be aang??!! OMG!! Aang is slim and he is”t pigie in crothes

4. your mom says:

I do think that they could have done a better job with appearances, but I must admit I do rather like this adaption of Aang’s costume (and the others).

5. dirka says:

get over it bitches jesus as long as the movie is good !

6. Mikey-King of Bandits says:

I’m a HUGE fan of Avatar. As far as character for aang. The kid they picked isnt too bad, I think it was a decent pick for the roll of Aang, clothing could have been a bit of the more tradition Monk clothing, but hey whatever!!!! I’m just glad that they made a live action film

7. One of the million fans of Avatar says:

A big fan of avatar here. Yeah aang doesnt look like aang at all. Even the monks at shaolin temples in china have better costumes. And katara, Sokka, zuko n suki dont resemble themselves. I just hope they get it right when the movie is shown.

8. janisd1 says:

BAD REALLY BAD !!!!!!!!! First not right colors and no cape ( or what ) , shooes too is not right they have only 2 lines like in photo not these ZIG ZAG. but movie should be cool , i want see katara and sokka