World Superhero Registry Gaining in Popularity

We’ve written about the World Superhero Registry before, but CNN brings a fresh look at the Cinncinatti-based “Allegiance of Heroes” group. And while they may look funny walking the streets in their superhero costumes, they’re serious about helping the police fight crime.

These guys are quite the vigilantes, carrying handcuffs and tasers. It’s perfectly legal to make a Citizen’s Arrest in Ohio, but they could totally get sued if they “arrest” someone who turns out to be innocent. Interesting stuff!

[via ToplessRobot]

This entry was posted in cosplay, groups, news, superheroes, video. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to World Superhero Registry Gaining in Popularity

1. Laura E. says:

YEEEEEES. I’m considering moving to Cincinnati later this year… didn’t realize there were so many superheroes there! Maybe I will have kindred spirits.

Laura, you have a secret superhero identity? Come on, out with it – what’s your superhero name and can you show us a picture of your costume?

3. Wow, they suck.
    Maybe if they put more effort into the costumes it wouldn’t be so embarrassing.

4. Pingback: Real Life Villains vs Superheroes | My Disguises - We Love Costumes

5. Laura E. says:

Haha, I don’t have a secret identity, don’t worry. If nothing else, i don’t make enough to be able to afford all that spandex. I’d sure like to be April O’Neil to their Ninja Turtles, though.

6. anica says:

My new mission as a journalist is to uncover the secret identity of Colorado’s “Wall Creeper”! Either that, or go mad trying, and become his psychotic arch-villain instead!

That’s awesome, Anica. I checked out your news website – very impressive!! Good luck with your mission!

8. ALEX H. says:

I WANT TO BE A SUPERHERO.HAVE ALL YOU SUPERHEROES DONE ANYTHING DANGEROUS

9. ALEX H. says:

MAN THERES ALOT OF SUPERHEROES IN CINCINNATI I MIGHT JUST LIVE THERE
    WHEN I GET THE MONEY I ALREADY KNOW MY SUPERHERO NAME IM JUST
    WORKING ON MY COSTUME

That’s cool, Alex. You should send us a picture of your costume when your done with it! What’s your super power?

11. ALEX H. says:

I DONT KNOW YET MY COSTUME IS NOT DONE YET,SO I HAVENT GONE ON A MISSION
    YET WHEN I START ILL KNOW

12. ALEX H. says:

DO ANY OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW SHADOW HARE.