This is really amazing. A very creative and talented father modified an Iron Man costume for his 5-year-old son. He added a computer chip, magnetic lights and a CO2 air pump “missile launcher.”
Here’s a list of the features included in the costume:
• Repulsor Air – Blows air with CO2 air pump on hip and hose back to his hand.
• Repulsor Missile – Using CO2 air pump can also launch a paper missile.
• Repulsor Sensor/Light – A magnetic switch sensor for lighting the repulsor hand light. It fades in and out of the glowing eyes. Arduino handles this effect.
• Repulsor Sound Effect(s) – Originally not working. Worked around problem by using right-mouse, middle-mouse button and configured Elightenment17 to playback sound effects using Mplayer script. Mouse buttons activated by Arduino Digital output triggered by sensors.
• Arc Reactor – A LED night light from Costco embedded in the chest.
• BeagleBoard: Powerful Computer – With BeagleBoard already running in JARVUS box .
• Arduino: Super Input/Output Board – Handles repulsor effects but can add other sensors to enable even cooler special effects!!
Sick of the same old traditional Thanksgiving food? Here, impressionist Ricky Butler, teaches you how to have a hearty Thanksgiving dinner with classic Napoleon Dynamite flair…enjoy a tasty turkey quesa-DILLA!
Due to protests from a group of Native Americans, kindergartners at Condit Elementary School in California have been banned from wearing Thanksgiving costumes.
Some parents agree that the Native American costumes are demeaning and racist. Others feel that politics are being unfairly inserted into a fun (if not wholly accurate) tale of two factions setting aside their differences.
The debate is hot in the town of Claremont, CA. Despite the ban, many parents are sending their children to school in costume anyway.
Here’s a video from the LA Times. You can watch the two groups of protesters arguing with each other.
I’m interested to see how this plays out. Feel free to sound off in the comments below.
Imagine the worst Thanksgiving…ever. Would it be having to endure Aunt Nancy’s dusty stuffing and incessant chatter? Or, your sister’s bratty kids who use your body as their personal jungle gym?
I think the guys at Happy Birthday Harris Malden still have you beat. In their short film, Revenge of the Gobbler, created for Indy Mogul’s BackyardFX Show, these guys give you serious cause to consider just where your Thanksgiving Turkey came from! Props on the Special FX!
It’s hard to describe the Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show. The show is bright and colorful, totally silly and has great costumes. They have a giant Panda, a Unicow (unicorn cow), Cownicorn (cow unicorn) and the host, Kiko, is a fun-loving Japanese woman who can never correctly pronounce anyone’s name.
This show is a very popular Youtube series. And if it doesn’t make sense to you, don’t worry, it’s not supposed to.
TheSmokingGun has a great mug shot on their website. Apparently, this guy got arrested on Halloween while wearing a prisoner costume. How funny.
This is the only photo, but according to the police report, his friends who were also arrested were described as “a female witch and a guy dressed as Jason from the “Friday the 13th” movies, and one man was wearing a coconut bikini top and Hawaiian leis.”
Sounds like we missed a great party at the police station. Ah, the irony.