I want to pass along info about some costumes being auctioned off for charity. I was happy to hear from Catherine L. Jones, the highly regarded costume designer who owns God Save the Queen Fashions. Once in a while, Catherine will send me a scoop, and I always enjoy hearing from her.
Take a look at this N7 inspired jacket from Mass Effect. Catherine made this work of beauty, and is donating it to The Desert Bus for an auction on November 18, 2012. If you haven’t heard of the Desert Bus, you should really check them out. They’re a group of comedians and gamers who raise money for charity by playing the worst video game ever made: Desert Bus.
It’s widely regarded to be the worst video game ever made, and we play it for as long as you keep donating. In order to keep things interesting for our viewers we have live and silent auctions, special guests and a lot of silliness.
What a fun way to raise money. All proceeds go to Child’s Play, a charity for children in hospitals. If you’d like to contribute, why not bid on a cool costume?
Catherine’s jacket looks remarkable:
- Made of two tone black and red leather. It is a smooth black on the outside, and a red suede texture on the inside.
- White pearlized lambskin leather details
- Handcut spine details on the back
- Black oxidized metal front zipper
- Matte black snap closure collar
- Sewn with red 138 weight polyester thread
- Embroidered N7 logo on the front
- Will be made customized to auction winner’s measurements
Also, Sir Harrison over at Volpin Props is donating a gorgeous Skyrim Steel Axe replica. Wow, what a generous donation! More information on this exquisite weapon is available on his Facebook Page.
Big thanks to Catherine for the email. Good luck with the auction!
Learn more at The Desert Bus.